Linfeng Stockade

Linfeng Stockade

Linfeng Stockade in Henan was built in the latter years of the Ming Dynasty and rebuilt in the first year of Emperor Tongzhi’s reign in the Qing Dynasty (1862). Situated beside the North Ru River, the stockade is a typical low-lying ancient village surrounded by acres of reeds and bamboo.

Category:

Description

Linfeng Stockade in Henan was built in the latter years of the Ming Dynasty and rebuilt in the first year of Emperor Tongzhi’s reign in the Qing Dynasty (1862). Situated beside the North Ru River, the stockade is a typical low-lying ancient village surrounded by acres of reeds and bamboo. Lingfeng Village has more than 10 extant Ming and Qing Dynasty courtyards and more than 100 sites of ancient architecture, ancient walls, moats, gates, ancestral halls, temples, wells, bridges and tombs. Village highlights include the Ancient Village Museum and Zhu Zheng House.
The walls of Linfeng Stockade cover an area of about 70,000 square metres. Built from the pure-coloured redstone, the wall is about 1,100 metres in circumference, more than 6 metres in height and contains 800 battlements.  From Zhengzhou Long-distance Bus Station(郑州长途汽车站) there are many direct routes to Jia County (郏县) (2hours).After arriving at Jia County, you can take a taxi directly to Linfeng Village(临沣寨) (about 20mins).

WordPress Help