Format: 8.4 x 5.8 /Colour/ Pages: 158
For more than a millenium, Dunhuang on the ancient Silk Road was one of the ancient world’s most important meeting places of East and West. Today Dunhuang is again hosting a growing number of Silk Road explorers attracted by a cultural legacy of global signifiance. This guide contains rare photos of precious Mogao murals and desert landscape images by an internationally celebrated photographer.
- Expert introduction to the Mogao Buddhist Caves
- Buddhist iconography, history and main sutras
- 2000 year old Han Dynasty Great Wall
- Maps, itineraries and tours.
- Hotels and restaurants for all budgets
- FREE access to Dunhuang e-zone with this book.